Wednesday, 17 April 2013

Lighting: Scene set up

When I first received the scene with the cameras set up from Hollie, none of the textures showed up as they were linked to a harddrive on another computer. I started to manually relink all of the textures, however this caused another problem as some of the files had the same filename. This led to Maya trying to fix some of the broken links for me once I had relinked one, and I ended up with the dragon textures on the trees.

In order to get over this problem I renamed the textures with clashing names and saved all of the files used in the scene to a new directory. I then set the project in Maya so that when the scene file is opened on another computer Maya will open the texture files from the scene directory rather than from the original pathname. 

No comments:

Post a Comment