Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Lighting: Render farm tests

Today I went down to one of the medialabs in our uni to test out rendering my files on the render farm. After a few false starts with not setting up the files correctly, I managed to get the correct settings and it took about an hour to render the summer cinematic at half the required resolution. Taking into account the fact that the winter cinematic is longer and I need to render passes as well, I've allocated myself three full days using the render farm to get everything rendered, which should be enough time.

In order the use the render farm the file must first be fully set up in Maya, selecting the the correct render settings including camera, resolution etc. Then the information must be exported into a .mi file which can be opened in Qube and added to the render queue.

No comments:

Post a Comment