Sunday 5 May 2013

Lighting: Maya qwerks

Thanks to a bit of miscommunication amongst us I've had to redo a few things in my lighting files. But I've got the files back off Hollie now, who had to update the cameras and animations, and Ruth who need to transfer the UVs for the bark basher. Whilst I was fixing my files I noticed a few qwerks in Maya that prevent some of the texture files from rendering correctly. If the option Alpha is Luminescence is not checked on the Color Balance option for the alpha texture, then the render will not work correctly and the transparent areas will show. For bumps map, if the attribute is not set to Tangent Space Normals as in the screenshot below, then Maya will use the bump map incorrectly and the render turns out pretty ugly.

No comments:

Post a Comment